10 Signs You Are Hindering Your Search for Happiness
There is nothing outside of you that can ensure your happiness. It’s totally an inside job. If you keep looking for answers outside of yourself, you will stay stuck in your swirling midst of angst and uncertainty. It all comes down to showing yourself LOVE.
Check out this list to see if you are making these
common mistakes in your search to be happy.
1) There is a disconnect between what you say you want and what you actually let into your life. For example, you say you want less negativity, yet you listen to negative people gossip or complain. Even though you may not add to the conversation, you stick around and listen.
You say you want more time with your family but you keep signing up for committees and jobs that take you away from them. View your behavior from an outside vantage point, and be honest with how you are spending your time and ultimately, your life.
2) The majority of your diet consists of junk food. Happiness has many components and feeling good and being healthy will greatly assist you on your happiness journey. Try for 80-20. Eighty percent of the time you eat healthy foods and twenty percent of the time you let yourself indulge in some junky stuff.
3) You don’t get any exercise. There are so many activities and ways to move your body. Your body wants to move! You CAN find a form of exercise that will appeal. If nothing else, a fifteen minute walk a day can do wonders.
4) You complain for longer than 5 minutes at a time. We all have to clear our minds of thoughts that are bothering us, but complaining and going over and over what is bothering you DOES NOT help. It is not a positive action. Take that time to brainstorm and come up with ideas to change what is bothering you.
5) You don’t help other people. We are all connected. What affects one of us, affects all of us. It's a truth that you need to embrace if you want to experience true happiness. You can take very simple actions, and they will still make a difference in YOUR life.
6) You neglect your health care. Regular check-ups, chiropractic visits, and dental care will help you stay attuned to your body and its needs, so you will know when and if something is wrong. You may catch something before it impacts your health and happiness adversely.
7) You refuse to look closely at your finances. Ignorance is not bliss and your happiness will be impacted if you refuse to acknowledge that you may be spending too much and not saving.
8) You approach everything very seriously, not allowing time to relax, unwind and laugh. Laughing every day is one of the most powerful stress reducers and you will feel better after every laughing session.
9) You abuse drugs, alcohol, food or shopping. Too much is too much. Acknowledge if you have a problem in this area and get help. You will be happier.
10) You don’t take time to be alone with your thoughts and dreams. Whether you take five minutes to just sit calmly and relax with no distractions, or you start regular meditation sessions, you need to have quiet in your life.
Happiness is an inside job.
It is no one else’s job to make you happy, and the answers are not outside.
You have all the answers inside of you.
Take the time to hear what your body and mind already know.
I would love to hear your thoughts about this post. Please scroll down to the bottom to leave comments. 😊
#happiness #responsibility #lookingoutside #happyonpurpose #quiet #alone #bekind #behappy #refusingtoseethetruth #unhappiness #laughter #needforlaughter #needforquiet #makeyourselfhappy #dianafletcher #stressreducing #happyaction #drugabuse #healthcare #helping #kindness #complaining #integrity #happyliife #selfcare #selflove #connections #stress #stressreducing #unhappy #HowCanIBeHappy
#drugabuse #shoppingaddiction #Addictions #alcoholabuse #healthyliving #whatAmIDoingWrong #angst #anxiety #panic #bealone #thoughts #dreams #goals #healthcare #neglect #weightgain #weightloss #searchforHappiness #honesty #behonest #finances #ignorance #bliss #laughing #stressreducers #timealone #needforquiet