Ten Tips to Help You Gracefully and Joyously Grow Old
Heed my words, Gentle Readers. I have seen the future and I know of what I speak. My theory is this: Whoever you are now, whatever you are now, everything about you and all of your actions, good or bad, will be magnified as the years add up.
If you want to be happy right now and in your future, pay attention to these tips. Grow old gracefully and make the good choices.
Ten Tips to Help You Grow Old....Gracefully
1. Realize that you are never too old to make changes in your life.
2. Let go of resentments now. Today. If you are still nursing hurts from the past and obsessing about incidents and people who “did you wrong,” you must let these go. Do not add to the list each day. Get professional help if necessary.
3. Deal with physical pain. Do whatever you have to. Lose weight, get physical therapy, meditate, or research possible medication. It’s an awful way to live, and you need to take control now.
4. Nurture friendships. Do not judge people by their looks, education, etc. Learn about them. Talk to them and listen.
5. Do not talk about yourself all the time.
6. Take responsibility for your choices. All of them.
7. Take care of yourself. Make sure you get enough sleep, water, exercise and healthy foods.
8. Look for ways to help other people.
9. Learn new things. It may be difficult to learn about computers, phones, etc, but it will be worth it to be savvy and to nurture these skills.
10. Demonstrate gratitude. Appreciate the people in your life. Appreciate the family members who care about you, the children, grandchildren and caregivers. Say thank you often.
You have the choice. Be joyful or be unhappy. Be careful—you could have a lot of years ahead of you.